Earl Weaver Baseball: Voice synthesizer
Brandon Taylor
2013-05-12 23:32:23 UTC
Hello all,

I recently undertook the task of programming two of today's MLB teams into Earl Weaver Baseball, and set them to play against each other. My problem is, my Amiga apparently doesn't know how to pronounce the names of the players on the teams -- even names that it's pronounced before on different teams, like the first name "Jose" or the last name "Fernandez" -- that is to say, it just says, "Pitching -- at bat", "Earl's got -- throwing in the pen", "Earl's taken out -- is now in the game", etc.

Fortunately, however, I read somewhere that the Amiga's voice synthesizer can be programmed from within Earl Weaver Baseball -- but sadly, I don't know where to go to do this. I've tried the program disk, and even the Commissioner's Disk, and I've found nothing!

Does anyone know how to program the voice synthesizer from Earl Weaver Baseball?
Nate Brazil
2013-05-17 02:00:28 UTC
Post by Brandon Taylor
[...]
Just curious - how many disks do you have in your set?
I'll check my documentation - I have a large store of docs - some of which may not be available online; I'm still going through them documenting what all games are covered.
Brandon Taylor
2013-05-17 20:05:51 UTC
Post by Nate Brazil
Post by Brandon Taylor
[...]
Besides the program disk and Commissioner's Disk, I have an MLBPA Player's Disk containing stats from the 1986 MLB season. If I can just find out how to program the voice synthesizer in the game, I might even be able to create a complete data disk using stats from the 2012 season... although, unfortunately, EWB seems to be hard-coded for two-division leagues and won't accommodate for the three-division format that the modern MLB has.